Saturday, May 20, 2023

#52 Ancestors #Week 21: A Search for A Beard

Similarly to Cuzzin Rachel, clean shaven men prevail in my lineage.  So much so that I had to really do a mental inventory of possible suspects a few times, and found myself mistaken a few times.  My dad sported a beard briefly in the mid-70s, when my brother was a baby, and my red-headed step dad sported one briefly in an attempt to channel a little Willie Nelson, although the beard was really the only resemblance.

I did find that my husband’s family REALLY answered the call when it came to facial hair, however! 🧔🏻 

James George Bear, Hubz great great great grandfather

James George Bear’s son, Solomon Bear.

Hubz great great great grandfather, The Norwegian.

My Great Great Great Grandfather Edmund B. Towne, believed to be an anniversary photo.

And my favorite honorable mention, more of an unshaven look than a beard, from a word ID card, my Great Grandpa McCarthy:




No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 #52Ancestors #Week20 Taking Care of Business

I've written previously about the shoemaking of my Dutch immigrant great-great grandfather, and of Peter Winkel's involvement in the...